Since 1987 the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation has awarded over $328 million to fund 4,800 NARSAD grants to more than 3,700 scientists around the world.
The Brain & Behavior Research Foundation is committed to alleviating the suffering caused by mental illness by awarding grants that will lead to advances and breakthroughs in scientific research.
How we do it:
100% of all donor contributions for research are invested in NARSAD Grants leading to discoveries in understanding causes and improving treatments of disorders in children and adults, such as depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, autism, and bipolar, attention-deficit hyperactivity, post-traumatic stress and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Over a quarter of a century, we have awarded over $328 million worldwide to more than 3,700 scientists carefully selected by our prestigious Scientific Council.
To bring the joy of living to those affected by mental illness – those who are ill and their loved ones.
What we believe:
- Better treatments and breakthroughs come from scientific discovery.
- Only fund scientists whose research is reviewed and recommended by a world-renowned Scientific Council including Nobel prize winners and chairs of psychiatric departments.
- 100% of contributions for research go directly to research. Costs for administration and fund raising are underwritten by outside grants.
- Our financial operations must be transparent. Those who manage our Foundation must be committed to honesty and integrity.
- Strategic partnerships that further our mission will be developed with transparency.