MarrLa Brown, 800-829-8289
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, Los Angeles, California
A mental health conference for caregivers, family members, those living with mental illness, mental health organizations and professionals, providing cutting-edge information on early intervention, relapse prevention and recovery.
- A special keynote presentation by Keith O’Neil, former NFL Player and Superbowl Champion talking about Living a Productive Life with Bipolar Disorder
- An interactive panel discussion on family resilience
- Expert presentations on the latest treatments by leading scientists in small group discussions on disorders including Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Schizophrenia, and the role of Genetics in treatment.
- A networking luncheon—an opportunity to participate in a day of discovery!
- $75 - Early Bird Special! Save $25 if you register by February 10, 2015
- $100 - General Ticket Price (register by March 10, 2015)
- $150 for 2 - Register with a friend ANYTIME (two tickets for $150 total)
- To simply donate to this event, click here.
- For your convenience we have negotiated a special room rate with the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel. The cut-off for reservations is midnight, Friday, February 20, 2015. After that date, all rooms and rates are based upon availability.
- To make your reservations, contact the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel at 310-476-6571 or 866-693-3770 and reference Brain & Behavior Research Foundation.
Parking/Metro Train Service Information:
- Valet parking is offered for $18.00. Self parking is not available.
- For directions click here.
- Van Nuys Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Bob Hope Airport
- 100% of your registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received on or before February 10, 2015. After that all registration fees are non-refundable. Replacements can be made at any time including the day of the conference.
Former NFL Player & Superbowl Champion
President & Founder, 4th and Forever Foundation
Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
President & CEO, Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
8:30 a.m. - Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - Panel Discussion: Family Resilience: Living with Mental Illness
Moderator: Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
Panelists: Research Leaders & Foundation Scientific Council Members
- JOHN R. KELSOE, M.D. - Read Bio
Professor of Psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry
University of California, San Diego
- LISA M. MONTEGGIA, PH.D. - Read Bio
Ginny & John Eulich Professor
University of Texas Southwestern
Medical Center at Dallas
- FABIO MACCIARDI, M.D., PH.D. - Read Bio
Professor of Molecular Psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
University of California, Irvine School of Medicine
STEVEN G. POTKIN, M.D. - Read Bio
Professor, Robert R. Sprague Chair in Brain Imaging
Department of Psychiatry & Human Behavior
University of California, Irvine
10:45 a.m. - Small Group Sessions: (select one of 4 concurrent sessions)
- SESSION 1 - Can Genetic Testing Guide Early Intervention & Treatment Selection in Bipolar Disorder
John R. Kelsoe, M.D.
- SESSION 2 - Mechanism of Rapid Antidepressant Action
Lisa M. Monteggia, Ph.D.
- SESSION 3 - Using Insights From Genomics Toward Personalized Treatments Across Psychiatric Disorders
Fabio Macciardi, M.D., Ph.D.
- SESSION 4 - Using Brain Imaging to Discover Unanticipated Risk Genes and Novel Treatments for Schizophrenia
Steven G. Potkin, M.D.
12:00 p.m. - Keynote Presentation: Living a Productive Life with Bipolar Disorder by Keith O'Neil
12:30 p.m. - Discovery Luncheon