Friday, October 28, 2016
Six Thirty Cocktails | Seven Thirty Dinner
2 East 61st Street, New York City
Please RSVP by Friday, October 14, 2016.
Register now online, or call Special Events at 646-681-4874.
The Pardes Humanitarian Prize in Mental Health
Named in honor of Herbert Pardes M.D., this international prize recognizes a physician, scientist or public citizen whose extraordinary contribution has made a profound and lasting impact by improving the lives of people living with mental illness and advancing the understanding of mental health.
First introduced at the 2014 National Awards Dinner in October, the Prize was intended both to honor the humanitarian achievements of Dr. Herbert Pardes and to establish recognition of similar achievements by others in the years ahead. This award is designed to recognize individuals who comprehensively care, teach, investigate, work and advocate for improving the mental health of the society while simultaneously reducing the pain that psychiatric illness causes. Characteristics of the recipient include a focus on humanitarianism as well as significant contributions to education, prevention, research, administration, clinical care, mentoring and advocacy for policies in support of mental health. Last year's Prizewinners were Drs. Beatrix and David Hamburg, M.D. and Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter.
Outstanding Achievement Prizes
Selected by our Scientific Council, the Foundation's Outstanding Achievement Prizes honor scientists for their life-time achievements in brain and behavior research. These Prizewinning researchers are dedicated teachers and scientists who represent models of accomplishment for younger scientists in brain and behavior research. The Prizes include:
- Lieber Prizewinner for Outstanding Achievement in Schizophrenia Research
- Colvin Prizewinner for Outstanding Achievement in Mood Disorders Research
- Ruane Prizewinner for Outstanding Achievement in Child & Adolescent Research
- Goldman-Rakic Prizewinner for Outstanding Achievement in Cognitive Neuroscience
- $5,000 - Benefactor - 4 Tickets and recognition in Awards Dinner Journal
- $3,000 - Ambassador - 2 Tickets and recognition in Awards Dinner Journal
- $1,500 - VIP Individual Ticket - 1 Ticket and recognition in Awards Dinner Journal
- $750 - Individual Ticket
For advertisement, sponsorship opportunities and general information, please contact our Special Events department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-681-4878.