- Mental Illnesses
- Finding Answers
- Recovery Stories
- NARSAD Grants & Prizes
- Apply for a NARSAD Grant
- Our Scientific Council
- NARSAD Young Investigator Grant
- NARSAD Independent Investigator Grants
- NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grant
- Klerman & Freedman Prizes
- Outstanding Achievement Prizes
- Productive Lives Awards
- Productive Lives Nomination Form
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Get Involved
Ming Tsuang, M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.
Ming T. Tsuang, M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.
Scientific Council Member
1998 NARSAD Distinguished Investigator Grantee
Recipient of the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation 2010 Lieber Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Schizophrenia Research
Behavioral Genomics Endowed Chair and Professor
University of California, San Diego
Director, Harvard Institute of Psychiatric Epidemiology & Genetics
"What we are trying to do is discover the illness as early as possible. And also to find the treatments to intervene and ultimately to prevent the illness to occur...We concentrate on what are the genetic and environmental factors which predispose a person to be manifesting problems."