Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, Washington, D.C.
A mental health conference for caregivers, family members, those living with mental illness, mental health organizations and professionals, providing cutting-edge information on early intervention, relapse prevention and recovery.
- A special keynote presentation by Keith O’Neil, former NFL Player and Superbowl Champion talking about Living a Productive Life with Bipolar Disorder
- Oversight & Investigations Subcommittee Chairman Congressman Tim Murphy, Ph.D., will also speak about the Helping Families in Mental Crisis Act, the bill he authored to focus programs and resources on psychiatric care for patients and families most in need of services.
- An interactive panel discussion on family resilience
- Expert presentations on the latest treatments by leading scientists in small group discussions on disorders including anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and schizophrenia
- A networking luncheon—an opportunity to participate in a day of discovery!
- $75 - Early Bird Special! Save $25 if you register by August 15
- $100 - General Ticket Price (register by September 16)
- $150 for 2 - Register with a friend ANYTIME (two tickets for $150 total)
- To simply donate to this event, click here.
Parking/Metro Train Service Information: Download info here.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport
- Dulles International Airport
- For additional airport information, click here.
Former NFL Player & Superbowl Champion
President & Founder, 4th and Forever Foundation
Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
President & CEO, Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
7:30 a.m. - Speaker Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - Keynote Presentation: Living a Productive Life with Bipolar Disorder by Keith O'Neil
9:40 a.m. - Panel Discussion: Family Resilience: Living with Mental Illness
Moderator: Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
Panelists: Research Leaders & Foundation Scientific Council Members
- WILLIAM T. CARPENTER, JR., M.D. - Read Bio
Professor of Psychiatry and Pharmacology
University of Maryland School of Medicine
Director, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center
- J. RAYMOND DEPAULO, JR., M.D. - Read Bio
Professor, Chairman & Director, Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- DANIEL S. PINE, M.D. - Read Bio
Chief, Child & Adolescent Research, Mood & Anxiety Disorders Program
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- ROBERT M. POST, M.D. - Read Bio
Head, Bipolar Collabrorative Network
Professor of Psychiatry, George Washington University School of Medicine
- JOSEPH B. RAYMAN, PH.D. - Read Bio
Associate Research Scientist
Dept. of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Nobel Prizewinner Eric Kandel
11:00 a.m. - Small Group Sessions: (select one of 5 concurrent sessions)
- SESSION 1 - Understanding & Treating Patients with Bipolar Disorder
Robert M. Post, M.D.
- SESSION 2 - Child & Adolescent Anxiety: Integrating Developmental Psychopathology and Affective Neuroscience
Daniel S. Pine, M.D.
- SESSION 3 - Depression: What We Know Matters but What We Need to Know is Critical
J. Raymond DePaulo, Jr., M.D.
- SESSION 4 - A Molecular Understanding of the Role of Genes and Environment in PTSD
Joseph B. Rayman, Ph.D.
- SESSION 5 - Early Detection and Intervention: Altering the Course of Schizophrenia
William T. Carpenter, Jr., M.D.
12:00 p.m. - Keynote Presentation: Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act by Dr. Timothy Murphy
12:45 p.m. - Networking Luncheon