Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, Washington, D.C.
A mental health conference for caregivers, family members, those living with mental illness, mental health organizations and professionals, providing cutting-edge information on early intervention, relapse prevention and recovery.
- A special keynote presentation by Keith O’Neil, former NFL Player and Superbowl Champion talking about Living a Productive Life with Bipolar Disorder
- An interactive panel discussion on family resilience
- Expert presentations on the latest treatments by leading scientists in small group discussions on disorders including anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD and schizophrenia
- A networking luncheon—an opportunity to participate in a day of discovery!
- $75 - Early Bird Special! Save $25 if you register by August 15
- $100 - General Ticket Price (register by September 16)
- $150 for 2 - Register with a friend ANYTIME (two tickets for $150 total)
- To simply donate to this event, click here.
Parking/Metro Train Service Information: Download info here.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport
- Dulles International Airport
- For additional airport information, click here.
Former NFL Player & Superbowl Champion
President & Founder, 4th and Forever Foundation
Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
President & CEO, Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
8:30 a.m. - Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - Panel Discussion: Family Resilience: Living with Mental Illness
Moderator: Jeffrey Borenstein, M.D.
Panelists: Research Leaders & Foundation Scientific Council Members
- WILLIAM T. CARPENTER, JR., M.D. - Read Bio
Professor of Psychiatry and Pharmacology
University of Maryland School of Medicine
Director, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center
- J. RAYMOND DEPAULO, JR., M.D. - Read Bio
Professor, Chairman & Director, Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- DANIEL S. PINE, M.D. - Read Bio
Chief, Child & Adolescent Research, Mood & Anxiety Disorders Program
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- ROBERT M. POST, M.D. - Read Bio
Head, Bipolar Collabrorative Network
Professor of Psychiatry, George Washington University School of Medicine
- JOSEPH B. RAYMAN, PH.D. - Read Bio
Associate Research Scientist
Dept. of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Nobel Prizewinner Eric Kandel
10:45 a.m. - Small Group Sessions: (select one of 5 concurrent sessions)
- SESSION 1 - Understanding & Treating Patients with Bipolar Disorder
Robert M. Post, M.D.
- SESSION 2 - Child & Adolescent Anxiety: Integrating Developmental Psychopathology and Affective Neuroscience
Daniel S. Pine, M.D.
- SESSION 3 - Depression: What We Know Matters but What We Need to Know is Critical
J. Raymond DePaulo, Jr., M.D.
- SESSION 4 - A Molecular Understanding of the Role of Genes and Environment in PTSD
Joseph B. Rayman, Ph.D.
- SESSION 5 - Early Detection and Intervention: Altering the Course of Schizophrenia
William T. Carpenter, Jr., M.D.
12:00 p.m. - Keynote Presentation: Living a Productive Live with Bipolar Disorder by Keith O'Neil
12:45 p.m. - Discovery Luncheon